- A small group of people – sometimes only two – decide they would like to form a Prayer Cell.
- They agree on the frequency [weekly, bi-weekly or monthly], the time and the place of their gatherings. The parish church is the ideal location when the Pastor approves, but the homes of members are acceptable when the parish church is, for whatever reason, not available.
- From among them a leader, who must be a full-fledged member of the World Apostolate of Fatima, is agreed upon.
- The leader contacts the apostolate’s National Coordinator requesting certification.
- The National Coordinator interviews the prospective leader by telephone.
- The prospective leader’s Pastor or Parish Administrator verifies his/her good standing as a practicing Catholic in the parish.
- The prospective leader submits his/her commitment form to the National Coordinator.
- The National Coordinator approves the applicant, provides an official World Apostolate of Fatima/Blue Army Prayer Cell Leader certificate to the leader, and designates the Prayer Cell an official constituent of the apostolate.
- Members of the Prayer Cell obtain copies of the Lucia Speaks/Prayer Cell Formation flip-booklet.
- The leader obtains the Level 1 formation lessons.
The apostolate’s status as a Public International Association of the Faithful compels it to exercise supervision and oversight of its constituent groups. Prayer Cells are such constituents. Among the benefits of the leader’s certification is the member’s assurance that:
- All teaching on the Faith will be authentically Catholic.
- All materials provided by the apostolate are Church approved.
- Only Church approved apparitions will be presented.
- Strict loyalty to the Pope and all ecclesial authority under him will be maintained.
- There will be no debate calling into question Heaven’s acceptance of the March 25, 1984 Collegial Consecration tolerated.
- There will be no debate calling into question the Church’s complete revelation of the third and final part of the Secret of Fatima tolerated.
The Prayer Cell leader must be a full-fledged member of the apostolate. It is presumed that the members of Prayer Cells, if they are not members of the apostolate when they join, will soon want to become members.
- Click here: http://www.wafusa.org/pledge.html
- Scroll down to the form.
- Complete the form and click on “Continue.”
- After you’ve verified the information click on “Submit.”
The apostolate does not require the payment of dues by its members. The lessons for Level 1 of the formation program are downloadable free from the apostolate’s web site. The only costs members of a Prayer Cell will incur are:
- The “Lucia Speaks/Prayer Cell Formation Flip-booklet” will cost $4.00 + postage and handling at the beginning. Depending on the frequency of Prayer Cell gatherings, Level 1 of the formation program will take between six months to a year to complete.
- “The Message of Fatima for Today” will cost $19.95+ postage and handling when the Prayer Cell begins Level 2 of the formation program. Again, depending on the frequency of gatherings, Level 2 will take between six months to a year to complete.
- “CALLS From the Message of Fatima” will cost $17.95+ postage and handling when the Prayer Cell begins Level 3 of the formation program. Again, depending on the frequency of gatherings, Level 2 will take between six months to a year to complete.
- The cost of materials for Level 4 of the formation program will depend on those selected.
Over the 2-3 years it will take to complete Levels 1-3 of the formation program, members will have spent a grand total of just over $41.90. That’s just over $14.00 per year.
It is the presence of the Blessed Sacrament which renders the parish church the most desirable place for the prayer period of Prayer Cell gatherings. His presence, however, renders the kind of casual conversation and open discussion typical of the formation period inappropriate.
In addition, many Prayer Cells like to have finger-food, other snacks and drinks during the formation period. This is always inappropriate in the church proper. We recommend arranging for use of a conference room or social hall in which to engage in the formation program period of the Prayer Cell gathering.
By all means, NO! Of course, we presume all members will be of an age at which they know and understand what they are doing and why. The involvement of youth in Prayer Cells is strongly encouraged. However, we just as strongly discourage parents from coercing disinterested youth.
Should a young person become involved in a Prayer Cell, after some period of faithful participation we would encourage the leader and/or other members to mentor them with an eye toward eventually encouraging them to form a Youth Prayer Cell. Young people are attracted to other young people. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if, through the graces merited by your Prayer Cell, one or more Youth Prayer Cells sprung up in your parish.
Please send an email to the apostolate’s National Coordinator, Deacon Bob Ellis email@example.com
For a PDF version of the content of this page please click here.